Content of this article:
Basics of color combinations
The combination of colors is desirable to choose using the color wheel, which includes the main additional and auxiliary colors. Designers have developed many techniques for combining them, the use of various schemes. You can use:
Monochrome interiors assume the use of monochromatic color schemes, where different shades of the same color are used. Due to the smooth transition of colors, the interior always turns out to be calm and soft, gives peace. This option can always be diluted:
- silver flowers.
Adjacent colors are those that are located in the adjacent color wheel. But one of the colors should be dominant, and the second should be used for accentuation. Such combinations create a relaxed and harmonious atmosphere.
Contrasting is to use spectrally opposite shades, for example:
- blue and orange;
- red and green;
- yellow and purple.
Such combinations are very bold. The finished interior is always bright and extraordinary, but can quickly get bored. Therefore, such combinations are best embodied in the details, which, if desired, will be easy to change.
The triad scheme is a combination of three colors of the color wheel that are at the same distance from each other. Of these, you need to choose one main rest will be auxiliary.
Color combinations for the kitchen
Not all colors are equally suitable for the kitchen. For example, a blue tint can reduce appetite, and such as black, gray, white, can provoke depression and apathy, red excites the nervous system, causes overwork. But with the right combination of colors you can avoid the negative quality of the use of each.
The combination of muted tones in the interior of the kitchen
Therefore, before choosing the main tone for the kitchen, you need to choose the main subject on which the emphasis will be placed. It can be:
- working apron;
- furniture or table top;
- kitchen accessories;
This should be one thing if it is intended in your interior. If it is bright furniture, the wall decoration should be restrained, and vice versa.
- In the kitchen cold coexist badly. Therefore, when choosing such colors, it is desirable to combine them with details and accessories of warm shades.
- Neutral and discreet shades of moderate brightness are suitable for the kitchen.
- The room should not be present more than three contrasts.
- In kitchens, colors such as orange, red, burgundy, which can be combined with white, beige, and black, look good.
For living room
When choosing colors for a room like a living room, you need to pay attention to underlying factors:
- the size of the room;
- its purpose, that is, character;
- selected design style.
For small rooms, too bright, dark or saturated shades are not suitable as a base color. They will make the room even smaller, the atmosphere in it is oppressive, uncomfortable. In a spacious room provides more opportunities for color combinations.
The living room can be a separate room, as well as serve as a place for rest, sleep, guests, food, study. Therefore it is worth choosing the color of the room.
For meeting guests this room can be decorated in the style of pop art with bright flashy colors:
If this is a place to sleep and rest, then choose a pastel range, peculiar to the styles of chebbi-chic, Provence. These are delicate shades of blue, pink, green, purple, mint, combined with each other.
Consider the appropriate combination of shades with the existing main color:1Red - reduce the aggression and danger of this color, leaving his ability to charge with energy, create a happy mood, it can be combined with shades of brown, even the brightest, white and gold.
In red colors2Orange - the color of energy. But its oversupply provokes a depressing state. When combined with white, beige, blue, and brown living room will look life-affirming. Orange accents can textiles, one of the walls, small details in the form of pillows, stands, cabinets, paintings, tables, curtains.
Orange is the color of energy3Yellow will be a symbol of prosperity and joy. For the living room the right combinations of yellow will be with peach or coffee. If this is a triple combination, then you can choose white and lilac, orange and green. Yellow looks good in one group with gray, milky, brown.
Symbol of wealth and joy4Green - the color of harmony looks great next to the shades of the tree, white, light yellow, dark cherry. You can try to combine it in the living room with beige, blue or blue. Light shades of green will lift your spirits, and dark ones will soothe the nervous system.
Green - the color of harmony5Blue - cold color, causing associations with the sea surface. In combination with ivory or white will always carry people indoors, on an imaginary sea coast. You can complement the interior with blue details, selecting discreet and neutral shades of this color.
Vyzvet association with the sea surface6Brown - color of nobility. This color is a classic and versatile option for the living room, as it can be well combined with almost all other colors. The brown-white interior emphasizes the classic style, the brown-yellow or brown-green colors suit the modern. Unusual design, filled with mystery, is obtained by combining brown with purple.
Brown - the color of nobility7Gray - can be an excellent neutral base for combination with many other shades. His companions are blue, blue, pink, red, green, yellow. White or black in combination with gray will look boring in the living room, but not in hi-tech style or minimalism.
Neutral base for combination with many other shades.return to menu ↑
For the bedroom
When creating an interior design of the most personal place in an apartment, such as a bedroom, you need to strive to embody not only a stylish design, but also to be able to choose those colors that will contribute to relaxation, fast sleep and pleasant rest. Therefore, pay attention to the already existing correct and interesting combinations:Greens and turquoise - to complement such a tandem can be white and brown. He gives a charge of energy and instantly relieves fatigue.
Greens and turquoise - gives energyGray and lilac - the room looks much brighter when several more shades take part in mixing - lilac, close to purple and violet, but not saturated, and mustard.
Gray in combination with lilacBlue and beige - you can also choose several shades of blue and discreet dark blue. It is good, if in details beige with splashes of pink will be used.
Blue combined with beigeBerry mix with mustard - involves the choice of mustard as the main tone of the walls. Its lighter shades can be used when choosing dressers, cabinets, bedspreads. For a bed, bedside tables can be chosen dark brown. The rest of the details, such as pillows, floor lamps, curtains, bedspreads, paintings, choose the deepest berry shades.
Berry mix with mustardOrange and brown, complemented by beige, gray and white are often found in styles such as loft, modern, hi-tech, minimalism.
Orange combined with brownMonochrome purple - a combination of different shades of this color from the light to the dark will be an option for the bedroom. Here you can allow yourself to deviate in the direction of blue, dark blue details, as well as purple and bright pink.
Purple - bedroom optionBlack and white with blue is characteristic of the glamor style, especially if there are shiny, black details, ornaments with monograms. Smooth the sharpness of black in the interior can be dark brown, which is not worse combined with blue.
Characteristic colors for glamorGray-blue and gold with the addition of beige, brown will be a great way to embody the classic style in the bedroom.BoardFor the bedroom, you can choose absolutely any color, but preferably pastel colors. Favorite bright colors are best used in detail so that they do not tire. Return to the menu
Since the standard bathroom is a room with modest dimensions, it is important when decorating based on such rules:
- The interior should use no more than 3 different colors or 5 shades of the same color. It will be quite enough, and two capable complement each other colors.
- Brightness of colors - dark and flashy shades will reduce the already small space, and light will slightly expand the boundaries. But at the same time the moderation of bright shades will help to cheer up in the mornings, and pastel colors for evening calm.
- The influence of the psychology of color.
To the color scale of the bathroom looked harmonious, please the eye of the owner, I recommend take advantage of some ready-made layouts:
- white and blue;
- white and green;
- white and blue selection.
These are the most popular options, in which sometimes white can be replaced with milk or ayvor.
Pink in combination with lilac, purple or white is considered the second most popular combination for bathrooms. Advantageously complement the room gold accessories.
Any combination of gray can create a feeling of coldness and makes you feel uncomfortable. Like the interior with a lot of non-standard bright details, it can be associated with public places.
A warm shade is considered yellow, it carries a positive. Bright lemon enough to combine only with white, rich yellow with white and black, pale shades can be combined with green, orange or blue.
Brown in the bathroom always looks stylish and elegant. You can choose and combine with each other shades of brown, such as ocher, brick, terracotta, chocolate, vanilla, wenge.
Too bright shades of green in the bathroom is better not to use. They are associated with mold, dampness and decay.BoardSo that green does not cause unpleasant associations in the bathroom, it is better to combine it not with white, but with yellow or cream shades. Return to the menu
For the hallway
Standard colors for hallways are beige shades in combination with brown, as they are in perfect harmony with the entrance door. And often people choose for this space wallpaper with a small or frequent pattern.
Usually hallways are small rooms lacking enough natural light. Therefore, the use of standard techniques becomes a big mistake.
Option for a bright hallway
Dark shades and small pattern visually reduce the space. To design a hallway, it will be right to choose one of three categories of color matching:
- Warm colors - these include brown, orange, red. Getting into such a hallway, a person will feel comfort.
- Neutral shades - these include lime, turquoise, green. They are chosen by those who love coolness, freshness, as well as spring.
- Cold gamma - its main tones - purple, blue, blue. With a significant amount of lighting, such an interior will also look restrained, but cozy.
Using a dark blue shade
Depending on the style of the hallway, you can choose the following combinations:
- Modern and classic - natural shades such as sand, beige, milk, terracotta, white, brown. For the classic style malachite and emerald colors are suitable. For example, they can be used in the form of parts, paintings, ottomans.
- Rococo - rich shades of pink in combination with white and gold, red raspberry, purple pepper, red strawberry are appropriate.
- Empire - the style of bright colors without halftones. You can choose as the main shades green, blue, red, gold, complementing them with gray, beige, sand.
- Minimalism - selects the base beige, white, black, gray and bright accents in the form of brown, green, blue, red, any other natural shades.
- Hi-tech - the combinations of gray, metallic, brown and white look great in it.
Option in greenBoardYou make the hallway so that the walls always appear lighter than the furniture. So the space will not seem smaller than it really is. Return to menu ↑ return to menu
Combinations of colors in the interior
Consider the most popular options for color combinations in the interior.return to menu ↑
Grayscale is the most commonly used variation. Gray color makes the interior elegant and stylish, allows you to highlight other color accents. This color is neutral and acts as an excellent background for almost any color. In its pure form, the monochrome gray interior is rarely used; it carries with it a certain detachment and emptiness.
Combinations with a gray tint:
- White-black supplement. Gray in this case is intermediate between them. In order to soften the interior in such tones, choose not a white color, but a creamy shade.
- Adding pink or purple is one of the brightest and most loved combinations. Gray-pink palette gives the room femininity. Therefore, it is suitable for bedrooms of girls, girls, women, living rooms in the style of glamor, other rooms in the style of shebby chic. Gray-purple tandem looks great regardless of the color of the latter. This may be lavender, lilac, purple. Additionally, you can combine these shades with the color of the tree, as well as white, silver or black.
- Additions of blue or blueness - suitable for decoration of living rooms or dormitories. In which place there is no predominance of masculine or feminine. You can complement such tandems with unobtrusive patterns or patterns on curtains, wallpaper or other finishes.
- Yellow mood. Against a gray background, it flashes yellow like a flame. Therefore, the amount of yellow in the interior should be limited so as not to suppress the glow effect. Against the background of gray walls, the furniture will look good in contrasting shades of gray, as well as wood, white or black. Yellow is used in the form of additional parts, items, accessories.
- Combination with red or orange will be a bold and modern solution. Therefore, it is peculiar to minimalism, hi-tech, modern styles. To soften the pulsating combination, difficult to perceive, you need cream or white shades. Also, red-gray combinations can be found in different interior styles, for example, neo-baroque, glamor.
- The combination with beige allows you to create a calm relaxing palette. In it, every person feels calm and comfortable. This is a combination of cool gray and warm beige, as well as an excellent background to accommodate bright color details.
Brown color, personifying nature, can be found in any interior. If not as a wall decoration, then at least on the floor, in the form of furniture, doors. It is believed that the brown color of conservatism corresponds to the classical style. But in most modern interiors, it is also an indispensable shade.
It will be appropriate in any direction. Suitable combinations:
- White-brown classics of the genre - so that the design does not seem boring, you can dilute it with several bright details, for example, turquoise, red, orange. If white will be the main interior, then, despite the dark brown, it will expand the boundaries of space.
- Brown with pastel tones can also be attributed to the classic combinations characteristic of the eponymous style. It would be appropriate to use a combination in living rooms, corridors, hallways.
- Brown in tandem with blue gives a cool feeling. Even if blue is used in minimal amounts, brown enhances its coldness.The combination of these natural colors creates pleasant associations with the sea, mountains. The interior in which to combine brown with turquoise will look cozy and rich.
- Brown with yellow and gold is a truly luxurious and rich combination. Complementary shades will symbolize wealth and respectability. So that such a combination does not look pretentious, you need to dilute the interior with beige and milky shades. Then it will turn out warm and calm.
Like gray, beige is a great background and the basis for the realization of various ideas. Beige shades are universal, they can be used in any style.
Beige shades include:
These also include combinations with:
The color scale of beige is big and various.
Benefits look beige with colors such as:
A few tips on the right combination of beige in the interior:
- As a background, you can use beige on the walls, ceiling or floor, be sure to complement the bright decor.
- Light furniture - dark floor - bright walls.
- Beige gradient with insignificant difference.
The kitchen in beige colors is made in the classics, Provence, Rostik, which is characterized by light materials and finishes. Such a shade is never annoying or boring, it can always be refreshed with new bright details.
Elderly married couples or families with children choose beige living rooms. Beige shades promote relaxation. Beige bedrooms beige also create an atmosphere of relaxation and is a symbol of relaxation, comfort, luxury.return to menu ↑
The color of wenge is a natural brown shade of furniture. The name has received a shade from breed of wood of which the furniture is made. This is a rich and deep tone that stands out against the background of bright or bright colors.
It requires two types of good lighting: artificial and natural. The interior can be decorated with wenge-colored details, such as furniture, picture or photo frames, armrests, coffee table legs, and a headboard.
Wenge color is a natural brown shade of furniture.
With the color of wenge it is very easy to get a modern and stylish interior. This is one of the favorites of designers for dining rooms, living rooms, kitchens, children's rooms, parental bedrooms and even classrooms.